Accessible and affordable transportation infrastructure is critical to a smart growth development strategy.
- Ensure the line is affordable for residents who will rely on it for access to jobs and educational opportunities
- Protect small businesses during the construction phase of the line so that they are able to stay in business and keep their doors open
- Ensure that the 2nd District receives the road construction and rehabilitation funding it deserves
- Maintain and expand currents levels of bus service to our neighborhoods and mass transit stations
- Help secure funding for the purple line
- Start the construction of the Purple Line at New Carrollton rather than Bethesda