All of our children deserve a quality education in new state of the art facilities. Too many of our children were falling through the cracks.
- Worked to remove temporary classrooms by exploring a bond program similar to Baltimore City to fund school construction and renovation within Prince George’s County. We currently have four new schools in the pipeline.
- Expand pre-K programs for working families. She's working on bringing Centro Nia into Prince George's County
- Advocating for more specialized school options in the district
- Supported programs that have been documented to help close the achievement gap
- Worked with the school board and parents to increase parental involvement
- Advocated for building new schools in the district and investing in renovating schools that are not in acceptable condition, such as High Point High School and Thomas Stone Elementary School